Saturday, January 16, 2010

Photo editing is fun! but also a slippery slope of doom...

Yesterday, I finally started utilizing my photo editing software. It is nothing fancy like Photoshop; it is called Picture It and is produced by Microsoft. It does some neat-o things though. Here is a picture of a hay rake down on my parents' farm:


I thought this picture in and of itself was tre cool. Then, I found out about these effects our software does, like putting the picture in negative form, and then completely altering the color and saturation. Mmmmm, watermelon!


And then, a little bit of neon edging:


Now my original doesn't seem nearly as spectacular when compared with the other two.

Is this a reflection on society? There are so many opportunities to make everything bigger, better, faster, more. It's no wonder we always feel like we have to "keep up with the Joneses." I guess I got a little blinded by all the fancy things my computer could do. Maybe I will stick to some straight-outta-the-camera shots for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, the effects are fun, but I prefer the real pictures, too. Sometimes I'll fade the edges out a little bit, and occasionally I'll adjust the color if it's way off, but I like the more "real" look, myself.

    Cool picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one in the middle that looks like a watermelon. It looks like you you went negative then dropped out one of the RGB channels. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete